Sunday 11 May 2014

Would you want one?



Normally I would not post anything remotely related to boats on this blog, but the moment I saw this bad boy, I knew I just had to share it with you guys (and girls :-) ), it does after all make use of the latest technology known to man...when it comes to boats that is. And even though it is just a a concept and still a long way from actual production, it is an indicator of where the boating world is headed, frankly, I must say that I am dully impressed by the direction being taken, I imagine I would have to be a super hero first before I can buy one of these, so I'm going to buy my super dude outfit and head out to fight heinous crimes like jay walking and rudeness in my neighborhood.

Designed by Eduard Gray, Strand Craft 122 is a 38-meter long super yacht equipped with twin Rolls-Royce engines and apparently an optional 14,000-horsepower booster engine. It would theoretically go a top speed of 55 knots. You can also count on four double and very large staterooms, heads, reception, salon areas and comfortable crew cabins, 52″ LED TVs and sound systems in all rooms.

Inside this ‘floating garage’ is an 880-horsepower V12-powered supercar that can reach a speed of over 230mph which makes it a combination of supercar and super yacht.

0 comments:

Post a Comment